Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Aw, Fudge!!!!!"

I'll never forget this one camper, Jeff Fishe (sp?) .... one of my all time favorite campers! He often wore army fatigues and loved to use the word "Frickin'". Not so much in a bad way, but, whenever the sentence called for it, Jeff would add the word "frick"or "frickin'". Of course, I was always having to correct him, by stating "Jeff, you can't say frick!" [although truth be told, frick was a lot better than the other "f" word!]. Everytime I would correct Jeff, he would always apologize and then go on his way.

I'll never forget the one time our cabin was getting ready to go to the waterfront. I said "Jeff, it's time to go swimming". Jeff's reply ... "I'm not frickin' going!!!!" I stated "Jeff you can't say frickn'" He proudly responded "Sorryyyyyyyyyyyy Corky (with his charming smile) I'm not fudgin' going!" - I couldn't help but laugh. Throughout the rest of that summer session, whenever the sentence called for it, Jeff would add the word "fudge" or "fudgin'"

Hey Jeff, If you out there: "How the fudge are ya?"

No comments: