Friday, October 12, 2007

Songs of Camp Day

I just heard "American Pie" by Don McLean on the radio. It immediately reminded me of the time I was hanging out at the waterfront with friends, and Dave Grossman cranked this song up on his radio. I again quickly smile, as I envision Billy Rose, walking around the Jr. Unit blaring Van Halen tunes! Of course, songs from BBD, New Edition and Bobby Brown immediately remind me of my Wife, Jen, as these were songs I listened to at camp when we first met.

I bet that all of us that went to camp in the 80's and 90's can relate to different songs or groups that "bring us back to best days of summer". Each song representing a memory of camp, that is quickly brought to mind at the precise moment that certain song is being played. Thus, those that are reading this, and want to put a quick smile on their face, heres a recommendation ........ Go through your old camp stuff (if you have any), put on some of those "memory tunes", and remember the "good times". -- ....................... As I am right now.

No comments: