Monday, December 7, 2009

Where's Goldie

Where's the guy that used to stay up all night with us, the night before the beach, so we could sleep all day on the beach? Where's the guy that drank a warm beer with us, from the old blue station wagon in the parking lot- on that beach we slept on all day? Where's the guy that spyed a camper, likely drinking a cold beer, in the dunes with us on that beach? Where's the only other guy that know can decipher the meaning of brown M&Ms versus Skittles? Where's our old pal Goldie?

2 comments:

The Reluctant Captain said...

You know what... I used to think that way. I tried calling him several times and I know you did, too. But, I have to say, the guy just didn't want to be found. He had his reasons for picking up and disappearing from family and friends and I guess if it was better for him that way then it's ok with me if I never see the dude again.

That being said, the posse 3, and the pic of the 3 of us from the Beach that day live in infamy. Wasn't it featured in some magazine? lol.

If people only knew that Goldie, a Bascom Lodge staple, almost burnt the freaking thing down - now that would have been great.

bamf said...

Word