Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Green Angel

The Green Angel was a bike I found at the Easthampton Dump with good ole Stan [the maintenance man]. As we were dumping stuff at the "dump" a beam of light shined in my eye. It was the sun reflecting off a reflector of an old bike. When I investigated a little deeper, I notice an intact bike. The bike's frame was rusted and it had a bannana seat, but, other than that, the bike was solid!!!! I brought it back to camp, spray painted it green, pumped air in the tires and named it "The Green Angel". My thought was to use this bike to get in shape for football. Although I sincerely doubt my football coach would consider 4 times around lake Quacumquasit [in the span of two months] getting in shape ..... :)

My designated Route? ... if you read above you'd know ....... Lake Quacumquasit. Why? ....wherelse could I go? My workout began with a swift [but brisk] ride outside of the camp entrance. I would take left, and ride towards the public beach. Pedal, Pedal .... coast. Pedal, Pedal ..... coast. [it was kinda fun] Anyway, once I passed the Public Beach I encountered a fairly steep hill [great workout by the way]. AND EVERYTIME I "ALMOST" REACHED THE TOP OF THE HILL.... A BLACK LABRADOR RETRIEVER WOULD COME OUT, SNARL HIS TEETH AND CHASE ME! No lie, the 4 times I did this route, the same dog would come after me. Lucky for me I was coasting down the hill by the time the dog almost caught up with me. There's nothing like trying to concentrate on not wiping out while you are laughing and crying as a dog is trying to nip at your toes.

Anyway, whenever I see a bannana seat on a bike, I always think back to the "Green Angel" with a smile ....... Truly good times.

No comments: